I hate sockbooze + Holy Cow, wtf?

Because rewriting queries and synopses to fit the parameters makes me think about "what the hell is this novel about" and then I get all these crazy ideas about how to make it even better and surely I could do a rewrite of a couple of chapters to make sure this or that theme sparkles and dazzles* and--oh happenstance--also easier to write the flipping query/synopsis.

* sorry, been procrastinating by reading about Twilight during breakfast and seem to have picked up some bad habits. Meanwhile the Cow Watcher has snatched up some stuff from there and relayed pages and stored it with all the other scary behavior on the internet stuff.

And to think only this morning I was trying to figure out why a very special cow was suddenly at the center of my dream that was about a cool labyrinthine old house with huge garden the hubby's parents bought (because they have nothing else to do with their money) for us (because they love us bestest) and we threw this party (with a conspicuous amount of ex-colleagues of mine being present: wtf?) which was cool until it started to rain very hard (yes, even in dreams it is April) and the rain soaked through the roof (did I mention "old"?) which fucked up the beautiful interior (did I mention "cool"?) so we had to go out into the garden because the ceiling was all getting limp (don't you dare go Freud on me!) and the party was turning into a real deluged Ark-fest while I was still trying to figure out how to tell the in-laws we messed up the pretty gift (because, yea, in my dreams I am the goddess of wrath and weather, or something)(I blame Storm imprinting (* again) because I was such a geeky Xmen fan). Then, while I'm trying to get people to stop their end-of-the-world freak (of course I'm a natural leader, because... just coz, 'kay?), some of them told me there was this cow I had to save (ixnay on the Eud-Fray) and it was this almost like a holy cow so really, saving in order! And when I found it, it was long haired with long, almost straight horns, something like this but more slender and elegant and beautiful (perhaps it had weird powers like charm and glamor?). Okay, it also might have been a long haired horse with straight horns and an udder. Actually, didn't see much udder because of the long hair (love it when everything comes together like that). But there was also a second cow, just a regular one, the black-and-white variant and slow and fat and stupid as normal cows and not speaking telepathically (uh, that I did forget to mention, 'ey), and I nearly saved that one but that was the Wrong One and somehow a flash of Denis Leary (see quote here) passed through the dream at that moment and then it got really confusing with rain and cows and people and the in-laws about to visit.

So Holy Cow, WTF?

But the house was real nice (real real nice, sort of like wish-it-were-true nice, though I probably wouldn't fuck up a nice gift with a deluge in the real world). And the garden was real nice too, and I'm especially in love with the colors of the world in the deluge scenes, you know that sort of bluish twilighty predawn light that gives extra luminosity to pale colors? Love it. If the light hadn't been that extra special I probably would have decided that being awake would be a better idea.
Extra points for the art director and the director of photography. Seriously, gold stars all round.

Comments

0 Responses to "I hate sockbooze + Holy Cow, wtf?"

Post a Comment