Writing!

And then some; working on getting Tiger of Opal into an "official" first draft and I'm about 2/3 of the way. The translating is annoying because it fracks up any sense of actually getting work done I get out of a wordcount. Near the end there are still some pesky paragraphs to translate, but I need to straighten the plotting first.

What I realized while doing just that: I need a personal assistant to clobber me next time I have cutesy ideas about convoluting my plot. Seriously, I'm not organised enough in life to keep up with all the convoluting. I need to learn to write something that has a nice and simple plot and ignore the little voice in my head that goes "boring boring boooooring!"

I'm tracking the plot of Tiger to hunt down inconsistencies and it's giving me a damned headache. Which is probably why I've kept pushing this on the long haul. But clones and identity changes will do that to a person, and I need to be anal retentive about this so as not to confuse the reader, at least not without intent.

Comments

0 Responses to "Writing!"

Post a Comment