shtuff

Rebuilt my website; hopefully I'll manage to keep it up to date this time. There's still lots of work to do, but it functions and, well, I must keep the procrastination in check., because I should direct some effort into finding a job.

Ha, you thought I was going to say writing, didn't you? Though I have been doing writer's stuff; it's not all been site site site. I've done the groundwork for agent-querying, but I need a break from the query and selections, let the illusions evaporate. Then reread, rework, and push the button. Also did a quick review of two WIPs.

But since I have been procrastinating with the site, I'll now have to fill in the break with job hunting, which is in a way not far away enough from prepping a query to constitute a *break*.

I need a break, seriously. My head is all jumbled with words/definitions, and it's making me nervous. Definitions, by definition, should be fixed, but I did a lot of query-prepping, attentively, and started to notice words being used differently while meaning the same the thing, so obviously the definitions are not as fixedly defined, and this is very confusing if the language isn't yours to begin with. I'm not even going to add in the connotation of a word.
So I can't stop thinking, with chills running down my spine, about how the definition of a word is just other words, and before I know it I'm gonna end up in that horrible abyss where words have no meaning at all and that's no place to be for someone who defines reality by stringing up words into sentences and paragraphs and whole chapters.
Been there, done that, need a break.

Or a job.

Comments

0 Responses to "shtuff"

Post a Comment