All night through with a noise and to-do

Yesterday the people in my dreams did that thing they sometimes do and which gives me the utter creeps: they change skins.
I'm not talking about stripping the actual flesh, that's just blood-and-gore and so very not scary. No, I'm talking about people I know acting and talking like someone else I know, so I end up not quite knowing who's standing in front of me and I get all confused and start wondering about my own identity and that's just plain wrong for dream time.

But this morning I had a first: I dreamed I had to buy a piece of carpet, so I go into the store and while I'm looking at the different textures and colors I'm doing that "reflection on life and all things human" thing I often do while doing boring stuff, and go: "Things used to be quite different before the zombies got integrated [into society]."
And then I wake up confused because there hadn't been the faintest mention of zombies before. If I'm starting to exercise exposition in my dreams, it might be a sign I really need to quit horsing around with queries and do some actual writing before I'm infected with a zombie novel idea.

Comments

0 Responses to "All night through with a noise and to-do"

Post a Comment