Spending money

Ahah! Finally the credit card cycled clean.
Immediately charged an obscene amount on it for books, and what did I buy?


Philip Palmer's Red Claw because if you read A, you should read B

Stephen Deas' The Thief-taker's Apprentice, because if you read A, and you can't refrain from B, then you should also read A'

Sam Sykes' Tome of the Undergates, because if you read from A's hand, and you read from B's hand, you should read from C's hand. And because I checked him out in Watertstone's where I decided I wanted to read it but the tome was far too pricy in Brussels (without taking in account the cost of the train ticket). Turns out I can have it delivered by the mailman straight from the UK for 75% of the price, go figure.

Natsuhiko Kyogoku's Loups-Garous, because they waz on the list yo.

Pablo Bacigalupi's The Windup Girl just to prove I don't really live under a rock, no siree.

Hannu Rajaniemi's The Quantum Thief, because I can't not believe the hype y'all.

And then I nearly forgot, well no, actually I did forget so I had to log back in and make a second order for:

Neal Asher's Line of Polity, because I hadn't had so much fun reading an SF thriller since Hamilton's first Greg Mandel book. Just finished Gridlinked and 't was like dreaming of Mandel while watching the end of Akira on repeat and munching on Science and Technology Studies articles laced with LSD.

Comments

0 Responses to "Spending money"

Post a Comment